The company started out as a residential plastering company serving the Delaware County Region of Pennsylvania. In the late 1940’s the company shifted its emphasis to the commercial plastering space while working closely with local architects and general contractors. In 1950 it’s founder Guy Charles Long passed away and his two sons Robert L. and James T. Long Sr. assumed ownership and control of the business. The company was officially incorporated in 1959.
Robert L. Long retired in 1986 and James T. Long Sr. retired in 1992. James T. Long Jr. (Tom) took over 100% ownership upon his father retiring in 1992. To better suit our clients needs, the business today has moved away from plastering and progressed to performing work that includes structural studs, interior light gauge framing, drywall, acoustical tile ceilings, and carpentry.
Over all these years, Guy C. Long, Inc. has been known for completing the most complex large projects while also being able to complete the smallest of tasks as required by our clients. Quality has no substitute at Guy C. Long, Inc.